2021-2022 Winter Athletics Health and Safety Updates, Nov. 17, 2021
November 17th, 2021
The 2021-2022 HCPSS winter athletics season is underway. With winter competitions occurring indoors, it is important that all participants, coaches and spectators follow the following health and safety protocols. The full support of all attendees in following these protocols will help to ensure that all student-athletes may continue to participate and no games must be cancelled due to a COVID-19 outbreak.
The following protocols and expectations will be implemented for the 2021-2022 winter athletics season at all HCPSS high schools:
- All student-athletes in grades 9–12 must provide proof of vaccination or undergo weekly testing in order to participate.
- Masks must be worn at all times. Failure to adhere to this requirement will result in a warning and then possible removal from the event. Student-athletes who are actively participating in practice or competition are not required to wear a mask.
- No food or drink will be permitted in the gym. All food and drink must be consumed in a designated area outside the gym at each school.
- Backpacks will not be permitted inside the gym. A designated area outside the gym will be available for spectators to leave their bags.
- All elementary and middle school students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who will remain for the entirety of the contest.
- Once a spectator leaves an event, they will not be permitted to return.
It is also imperative that all participants, coaches and spectators display good sportsmanship and respect towards student-athletes, coaches, officials and opposing fans. Failure to do so may result in removal from the contest, denial of access to future events, and even possible forfeiture of the contest..
We look forward to a wonderful winter season and appreciate everyone’s efforts to maintain a safe and healthy environment for student-athletes and their teams.