SROs in Schools Virtual Town Hall, November 12, 2020
November 5th, 2020
As part of conversations about the roles, purpose and outcomes of School Resource Officers (SROs) in Howard County schools, the public is invited to take part in a virtual town hall, Thursday, November 12, from 6:30-8 p.m.
During the town hall, panelists will discuss SROs in schools and will respond to pre-submitted questions read by moderators. Scheduled panelists include:
- Anissa Dennis, HCPSS Chief School Management and Instructional Leadership Officer
- Tom McNeal, HCPSS Director of Security, Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Chief Lisa Myers, Howard County Police Department Chief of Police
- Captain Michael Yetter, Howard County Police Department Community Services Bureau Commander
- Adetola Abdulkadir, Peers Not Perps
- Rebecca Deitz, HoCo.Convo – Youth in Conversation Founder and Director
Details on how to register for and watch the town hall are available online. Questions for the panelists can be submitted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
In September, HCPSS Superintendent Michael J. Martirano presented “School Resource Officers in Schools,” to the Howard County Board of Education, initiating the first step in these highly-anticipated, extended conversations. Full details can be found online.
HCPSS invites students, parents and guardians, staff members and community stakeholders to share their input about the SRO program by emailing SROinput@hcpss.org.