HCPSS Marks 2020 National School Lunch Week with Meal Additions and Distribution Revisions
October 7th, 2020
Full details on 2020-2021 fall semester student meals
National School Lunch Week is October 12-16, 2020, with the theme “Now Playing: School Lunch!” Beginning Monday, October 12, HCPSS Food and Nutrition Services will enhance meal offerings with the addition of snacks, dinner and weekend meals, to provide additional nutritional meals to all children. Additionally, HCPSS will adjust the pre-order process to enable multi-day pickup on Mondays and Thursdays only, which will allow HCPSS to improve the efficiency of meal services.
The following revisions to meal offerings will be effective Monday, October 12, 2020:
- Each daily meal will include breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner, subject to availability. Meals will continue to be offered every weekday schools are in session, and are provided free of charge for all students and any child under age 18, subject to USDA funding availability.
- Weekend meals will be included in all meals picked up on Fridays, as well as with meals pre-ordered for pickup on Thursdays.
- Pre-ordered meals must be ordered by 12:45 p.m. at least two serving days in advance of the day of pickup via the HCPSS Nutrislice website or mobile application, and will be available for pickup on Mondays and Thursdays only.
- Meals pre-ordered for a Monday pickup will include meals for Monday through Wednesday, and must be pre-ordered before 12:45 p.m. on Thursday of the previous week.
- Meals pre-ordered to be picked up on Thursdays will include meals for Thursday through Sunday, and must be pre-ordered before 12:45 p.m. on Tuesday.
To pre-order meals, go to the HCPSS Nutrislice website or the mobile application, choose a meal site location, then select the Pre-Order Menu. The “Pre-order Menu” will combine meal selections for both breakfast and lunch.