Project SEARCH Virtual Information Session, November 10, 2020
October 2nd, 2020
Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 6:30 p.m., Virtual session
Families of youth with disabilities are invited to learn about Project SEARCH, an internship program that prepares young adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in their last year of high school for competitive employment.
Benefits for students participating in Project SEARCH include:
- Non-paid internships within Howard County Government and other sponsoring organizations
- Competitive, transferable and marketable job skills
- Increased independence, confidence and self-esteem
- Work-based individualized coaching, instruction and feedback from the instructor, job coach and government mentors
Candidates for Project Search must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- 18-21 years old and entering their last year of high school eligibility
- Desire to obtain competitive integrated employment in the community
- Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) eligibility through DORS
- DDA Eligibility
- Appropriate workplace behavior and hygiene
- Prior work experience and ability to work up to four hours per day without direct supervision
Interested candidates must attend with their parent/guardian. Pre-registration is not required. Meeting participation information:
- Zoom Link: https://hcpss.zoom.us/j/91252132526?pwd=TG9KbGhSd2o2RUdpQ21PV3NZMVdDUT09
- Meeting ID: 912 5213 2526
- Passcode: psearch
Project SEARCH Howard is a partnership between the Howard County Government, HCPSS, The Arc of Howard County, Maryland Division of Rehabilitation Services (DORS), and the Howard County Autism Society.
For more information, contact Missie Baxter, High School Instructional Facilitator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.