A Story Called Kindness Poster Contest, Entries Due April 1, 2020
February 14th, 2020
All HCPSS students in grades K–12 are encouraged to enter the countywide poster contest, A Story Called Kindness. Students may enter as individuals or as part of a group.
Design a poster illustrating acts of kindness. Use your imagination, creativity, and artistic talent to illustrate a scene from your life story where you’ve shown someone kindness or offered a helping hand. Students are encouraged to limit the use of text, and instead tell their story with images and artwork.
All entries are due by Wednesday, April 1 in person or by mail to: Columbia Association Art Center, 6100 Foreland Garth, Columbia, MD 21045, attn: Monica Herber.
- Size: 10” x 17” (horizontal or vertical). Include partner logos, student’s name, grade and school across the bottom; finished size 11” x 17”
- Do not sign or initial your entry. Each poster submission should include the student’s name, address, email, phone number, school, and grade level on the reverse side of the artwork
- Media: Marker, colored pencil, paint, computer, photography, or mixed media
- Avoid fluorescent or neon markers. For crayons and colored pencils, make sure the colors are filled in and solid
- Do not use metallic colors, glitter, or mediums or materials that create a raised surface of more than ¼ inch
Entries will be on exhibit May 4-17 at the Columbia Art Center. There will be a reception and awards ceremony May 6.
- Grand Prize: $50 gift card and poster reproduced for countywide distribution
- Category Prizes: $25 gift card to winner in each category of K-2, 3-5, 6-8 and 9-12
Questions may be directed to Monica Herber at email@example.com or 410-730-0075.
Presented in partnership with HCPSS, the Columbia Association Art Center and the Howard County Library System.