HCPSS Seeks Members for Policy Advisory Committees by July 8, 2022
June 17th, 2022
Application Deadline: Friday, July 8, 2022
The Howard County Public School System (HCPSS) invites county residents to take an active role in developing and revising school system policies as members of Policy Advisory Committees. The knowledge, experience and perspective shared by community stakeholders are used to improve the quality of HCPSS policy.
HCPSS is currently seeking candidates for membership on the following SY22-23 Policy Advisory Committees:
- Policy 5220 School Bus Contracts and School Bus Personnel
- Policy 8000 Curriculum
- Policy 8040 Selection of Instructional Materials
- Policy 9030 School-Sponsored Publications and Productions
The committees will include at least one member representing the general resident stakeholder group. Members of these committees attend 3-4 meetings to discuss and make policy recommendations to the Superintendent. Meetings will be held virtually and are tentatively scheduled as follows:
- Policy 5220: 8/3 (4:30-6:30), 8/31 (TBD), 9/14 (TBD), 9/28 (TBD)
- Policy 8000: 9/14 (5-7), 9/21 (TBD), 10/5 (TBD), 10/12 (TBD)
- Policy 8040: 10/26 (5-7), 11/2 (TBD), 11/9 (TBD), 11/16 (TBD), 11/30 (TBD), 12/6 (TBD)
- Policy 9030: 9/7 (5-7), 9/14 (TBD), 9/21 (TBD), 10/5 (TBD)
Committee members are expected to participate in all committee meetings.
Residents interested in participating may submit a statement of interest online by Friday, July 8, 2022. A confirmation email with additional details will be sent to the individuals selected to participate.
Please contact HCPSS policy staff at email@example.com with any questions. All current HCPSS policies can be viewed online.