Staff COVID-19 Testing Program Information
October 12th, 2021
Nov. 22-24, 2021 Modified Schedule
Staff who participate in the HCPSS COVID-19 testing program should be advised of a modified schedule for Thanksgiving week only. Please see the modified schedule and complete information in the Staff Hub.
Jump to: Testing Registration | Testing Procedures | Testing Schedule | FAQs
The staff COVID-19 testing program launched Monday, October 11. A testing schedule was developed by MAKO Medical, which has handled COVID-19 diagnostic testing for HCPSS students and staff since April.
Register for Weekly Testing Program
Employees who need to register for the staff testing program, should use this link for MAKO’s staff testing program, and follow these instructions:
- Select “Self-Registration”
- Complete patient information fields:
- Enter your employee ID number (capital E followed by 5 digits), which can be found when you login to Workday
- Enter your hcpss.org email address
- Complete terms of acceptance and notifications consent options
- Select Submit
If needed, staff may register on-site at one of the testing locations identified below by scanning a QR code with a smartphone at the testing site and completing the registration form prior to being tested.
At each testing location, MAKO staff will instruct those being tested to self-swab both nostrils, and place the swab into a collection tube. MAKO staff will label the tube with the staff member’s name and date of birth. The entire process takes less than two minutes. MAKO staff will not be administering the nasal-pharyngeal swab test that is inserted farther up the nostril.
Employees are expected to be tested at one of the locations below, or at any other public or private testing location and provide your results once per week. Staff do not have to be tested the same day each week as long as testing occurs once between Sunday and Saturday. As we progress through the school year, the schedule, including site locations and times, may adjust to meet changing demands.
- For staff who are tested at an HCPSS site, MAKO will securely upload your results to your employee record in PinPoint.
- Staff who receive a test at an outside location must upload your results through PinPoint by using a unique link that you will receive from email@example.com. To request your unique link, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When selecting a testing time that occurs during student arrival and dismissal times, please factor in additional time due to potential traffic congestion in the parking lot. You will not receive coverage for your classroom or job responsibilities in order to be tested so you must do so at times that you are available.
MAKO testing is available:
- 7-9 a.m. – Long Reach High School, first floor staff lounge, 6101 Old Dobbin Ln., Columbia
- 2:30-5 p.m. – Glenelg High School, room 99, 14025 Burntwoods Rd., Glenelg
- 7-9 a.m. – Reservoir High School, first floor staff lounge, 11550 Scaggsville Rd., Fulton
- 2:30-5 p.m. – Marriotts Ridge High School, first floor staff lounge, 12100 Woodford Dr., Marriottsville
- 7-9 a.m. – Mt. Hebron High School, staff lounge, 9440 Old Frederick Rd., Ellicott City
- 11/15/21: Please note new location of MHHS staff lounge for testing
- 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. – Centennial High School, portable #5, 4300 Centennial Ln., Ellicott City
- 2:30-5 p.m. – Hammond High School, portable #4, 8800 Guilford Rd., Columbia
- 7-9 a.m.- Wilde Lake High School, first floor staff lounge, 5460 Trumpeter Rd., Columbia
- 2:30-5 p.m. – River Hill High School, Room 155A, 12101 Clarksville Pk., Clarksville
- 7-9 a.m. – Howard High School, Room D-110, 8700 Old Annapolis Rd., Ellicott City
- 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. – Oakland Mills High School, Room 500, 9410 Kilimanjaro Rd., Columbia
- 2:30-5 p.m. – Atholton High School, senior cafeteria, 6520 Freetown Rd., Columbia
Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to frequently asked questions regarding the HCPSS staff vaccination requirements and testing information can be found on the HCPSS help site: