2021-2022 Kindergarten Registration Continues Online
March 3rd, 2021
Parents/guardians of children who will be five as of September 1, 2021, must enroll their children in kindergarten for the 2021-2022 school year. To begin the enrollment process, complete the online registration form. While completing the online registration form, you can also upload the required documents. Your child’s school will contact you to schedule a virtual meeting to complete the registration process. During this virtual meeting, you will be asked to verify parental relationship and submit any additional required documentation.
If your child is of age to attend kindergarten but you believe that a delay in school attendance is in your child’s best interest, per Board of Education Policy 9000 Implementation Procedures – Student Enrollment, you may exempt them from mandatory school attendance for one year by completing a Kindergarten Waiver form. Following the one-year waiver, you must register your child for kindergarten. Additionally, if your child already is enrolled in kindergarten but you feel that it is in their best interest to be withdrawn from kindergarten, then you may file the Kindergarten Waiver form to delay kindergarten attendance until the following school year.
Complete information on enrollment in Howard County public schools can be found on our Enrollment page.
Begin Registration Now
Parents/guardians enrolling students in kindergarten for the 2021-2022 school year should follow these steps:
- Review details regarding the enrollment process
- Use our online school locator to determine what school your child will attend
- Gather required documentation
- On March 8, begin the registration process online
- Parents with children already in schools will use their HCPSS Connect login. Directions on resetting passwords or a request for assistance can be found online.
- Parents new to the system will need to create an account. Directions on creating an account and using the online registration can be found on our site.
- Your child’s school will contact you to schedule a virtual meeting to complete the registration process. During this virtual meeting, you will be asked to verify parental relationship and submit any additional required documentation.
Please view these Frequently Asked Questions for additional enrollment information. Further details about getting ready for kindergarten can be found online.