Attendance During 2020-2021 School Year
August 27th, 2020
Update: February 23, 2021
New Attendance Procedures, Effective March 1, 2021
Active student participation is the key to student achievement, both in the classroom and during virtual learning. Teachers will design engaging lessons and activities, both for live classes and online assignments. Regular attendance in-person and/or virtually using Google Meet is essential for student growth, and students are expected to engage in learning activities each week.
Some students will return to school buildings beginning March 1. On the days hybrid students are not assigned to be in the school building or for students who are remaining fully virtual, students will be expected to participate virtually using Google Meet for each of their classes.
Student attendance for Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday instruction will occur as follows:
- A student who attends class in person or synchronously will be marked present. If a student is scheduled to be in person but must switch to participating virtually temporarily because the student is showing symptoms or required to quarantine due to exposure, the student will be marked present.
- The student will be marked absent if they do not attend instruction in person or virtually.
- Daily attendance will be based on teacher-recorded attendance for the school day.
Student attendance for Wednesday instruction will occur as follows:
A student will be counted as present if they do one or more of the following since the previous Wednesday:
- Submit an assignment to one of their teachers.
- Attend in-person Wednesday supports with HCPSS teachers (Group E only).
- Complete work in assigned in Canvas, or activities in DreamBox and/or Lexia Core5.