Attendance During 2020-2021 Fall Semester
August 27th, 2020
Active student participation is the key to student achievement, both in the classroom and during distance learning. Teachers will design engaging lessons and activities, both for virtual live classes and online assignments. Regular participation is essential for student growth, and students are expected to engage in learning activities every week.
Student attendance for Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday instruction will occur as follows:
- At the elementary level, both the homeroom teacher and mathematics teacher will take attendance, noting whether students were present online for synchronous instruction.
- At the middle and high school level, each teacher will take period attendance, noting whether students were present online for synchronous instruction.
- Daily attendance will be based on teacher-recorded attendance for the entire school day.
- If there is technical difficulty, a student may submit asynchronous work for a particular day to receive credit for attendance.
Student attendance for Wednesday instruction will occur as follows:
- A student will be counted as present if they do one or more of the following since the previous Wednesday:
- Submit an assignment to one of their teachers
- Engage in synchronous instruction with an HCPSS teacher
- Complete work in the Canvas learning management system, DreamBox or Lexia Core5