Community Advisory Council 2019-2020 Meetings
October 8th, 2019
Second Wednesdays, 7 p.m., Department of Education, 10910 Clarksville Pike, Ellicott City
Update on CAC elections and future meetings: 4/14/20:
Due to building closures and the Governor’s stay-at-home order, the April CAC General Meeting, originally scheduled for April 15, is canceled. The CAC Nominating Committee is exploring the options available for the election, consistent with CAC bylaws. More information will be provided once a plan has been established for how and when elections and future meetings will proceed. The CAC appreciates your understanding during this unprecedented time.
Community Advisory Council (CAC) general membership meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month at 7 p.m., in the Department of Education Boardroom.
Meeting topics include:
- October 16, 2019: Update and information on the school-based mental health program, presented by Kami Wagner, coordinator, Student Support Programs, and Consuela Robinson, facilitator, School Social Work Program
- November 13: Presentation by Strong Schools Maryland representative Marijane Monck
- December 11: Overview of the school system budget processes, including differences among the types of budgets, presented by Daniel Lubeley, Acting Director of Capital Planning and Construction. Questions may be submitted in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- January 8, 2020: Presentation on Starting School Later by Colonel Brian Robertson, Chief of the Sleep Disorder Center at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
- February 12: Presentation on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion by Dr. Kevin Gilbert, director, HCPSS Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- March 11: Presentation on transportation by David Ramsay, director, HCPSS Transportation
The CAC serves as a liaison between the Howard County Board of Education and the community at large, and meets monthly during the school year. CAC meetings are open to the public. Meeting minutes and additional information are available online. For more information, email email@example.com.