Community Advisory Council Upcoming 2019-2020 Meetings
October 8th, 2019
Second Wednesdays, 7 p.m., Department of Education, 10910 Clarksville Pike, Ellicott City
Community Advisory Council (CAC) general membership meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month at 7 p.m., in the Department of Education Boardroom.
Upcoming meeting topics:
- October 16, 2019: Update and information on the school-based mental health program, presented by Kami Wagner, coordinator, Student Support Programs, and Consuela Robinson, facilitator, School Social Work Program
- November 13, 2019: Presentation by Strong Schools Maryland representative Marijane Monck
- December 11, 2019: Overview of the school system budget processes, including differences among the types of budgets, presented by Daniel Lubeley, Acting Director of Capital Planning and Construction. Questions may be submitted in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- January: Starting School Later – presentation speaker TBD
- February: Presentation on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion by Dr. Kevin Gilbert, HCPSS director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The CAC serves as a liaison between the Howard County Board of Education and the community at large, and meets monthly during the school year. CAC meetings are open to the public. Meeting minutes and additional information are available online. For more information, email email@example.com.