Five HCPSS Teachers Receive 2018 Outstanding Mathematics Educator Awards
October 22nd, 2018
Five HCPSS teachers received prestigious awards from the Maryland Council of Teachers of Mathematics (MCTM). The Outstanding Mathematics Educator Awards are given to mathematics teachers who exemplify excellence in mathematics education by implementing research-informed practices in their daily work.
The recipients are:
- Michele Lerner, Running Brook Elementary School (Elementary Teacher Award)
- Ashley Park-Brouse, Lake Elkhorn Middle School (Middle School Teacher Award)
- Farah Jawhar, Mount Hebron High School (Beginning Teacher Award)
- AnnMarie Varlotta, Bonnie Branch Middle School (Teacher Leader Award)
- Sabrina Cunningham, Lake Elkhorn Middle School (Middle School Teacher Award)
Awardees were honored at a MCTM banquet on October 17 and the HCPSS Board of Education meeting on October 18.
« Mount View Middle School Band Selected for 2019 National Convention
Hammond High AP Wins 2018 Assistant Principal of the Year Award »