Apply for 2024-2025 Project SEARCH by March 1, 2024
January 30th, 2024
Project SEARCH is a one-year internship program that prepares young adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in their last year of high school for competitive employment. The program focuses on individuals whose main goal is employment, and who will benefit from full time career exploration in a business setting. Participation in Project SEARCH is determined through an application process.
Applications for 2024-2025 Project SEARCH must be received no later than Friday, March 1. Completed applications should be emailed to Jennifer_Soler@hcpss.org.
To be accepted into Project SEARCH, students must:
- Be entering their last year in the Howard County Public School System (either after 12th grade or the year prior to turning 21).
- Meet eligibility requirements for Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) services from DORS.
- Meet eligibility requirements for the Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA).
- Demonstrate the ability to perform job tasks for several hours without direct supervision.
- Maintain appropriate behavior and social skills in the workplace or school setting.
- Take direction from supervisors and job coaches.
- Be able to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrate good attendance.
- Have the desire and plan to work competitively in the community at the conclusion of the Project SEARCH program.
Application-related questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.