New HCPSS Bus Pickup Times Beginning Wednesday, September 20, 2023
September 17th, 2023
Español | 中文 | 한국어
To provide families with as much notification as possible for bus pickups/drop-offs associated with the new start times effective Sept. 20, HCPSS has updated its online bus locator, however families should continue using their current times through Tuesday.
- Through Tuesday, Sept. 19 – Utilize the current pickup and drop-off times to determine bus pickup/drop-off times
- Beginning Wednesday, Sept. 20 – Log in to HCPSS Connect Synergy, select More Options and then Homeroom / Transportation / POS to determine bus times. This information also can be found in the HCPSS online bus locator.
PLEASE NOTE: As previously shared, Tier 1 pickup times are adjusted to account for traffic at schools and to ensure students have adequate time to participate in school breakfast or access their lockers. Tier 2 and 3 adjustments are to account for time between bus stops and to provide adequate time for students to board the bus. As such, new bus pickup times may not necessarily match the change in new start times. For example, a student whose school will begin five minutes later may actually have a bus pickup time of five minutes earlier.
Based on the analysis generated by transportation staff using routing software and currently available data, HCPSS staff project that significant improvements will be realized.
Additional improvements will have to be made to several routes, including some that serve students with IEPs or who are in prekindergarten, as well as buses that serve all students in Cedar Lane School and Homewood Center. These routes will be evaluated individually, and necessary adjustments will be made to improve their ability to arrive at their stops on time.
HCPSS soon will launch a new form to collect feedback from families to support this continuous improvement as the new start times are implemented. Details on that form will be shared as soon as they are available.
Families may continue to find the following resources helpful:
- HCPSS 2023-2024 Transportation webpage that provides HCPSS students, families, staff and stakeholders with updates on transportation issues.
- Answers to frequently asked questions related to transportation.
- HCPSS 2023-2024 School Start Times webpage that provides HCPSS students, families, staff and stakeholders with information on school start time changes.
- Answers to frequently asked questions related to the new school start times.
- New start and dismissal times that take effect on Wednesday, Sept. 20.