2023 Summer Programs Registration to Open Feb. 1, 2023
January 13th, 2023
Online enrollment requests for currently enrolled HCPSS students will open Wednesday, February 1 at 6 p.m. for the following programs:
- BSAP Summer Institute (Entering Grades K-9)
- Gifted and Talented Summer Institutes for Talent Development (Entering Grades 1-8)
- Innovative Pathways High School (Entering Grade 9 and Current Grades 9-12) – Math and science courses only
- Summer Math Scholars Program (Entering Grades 6-8)
NOTE: Invitations for eligible HCPSS students for Academic Intervention and Extended School Year Special Education programs will come directly from the school or special education team in the spring.
Enrollment requests can be made by a parent, guardian, school counselor or school achievement liaison. Please carefully review the course descriptions, dates, times and locations in the program course lists before submitting an enrollment request.
Enrollment requests are made via HCPSS Connect Synergy. Directions are available online.
- Select the preferred program for your child. The courses listed will depend on the program selected and your child’s grade level. Read all of the text on the page for program-specific instructions.
- If a program or course is not available in the registration menu, it may be filled or not open to register at that time.
- For Innovative Pathways High School, you will be asked to select the preferred instructional method for the program (in-person only, virtual only, or no preference). Not all courses are available in all formats.
- If applicable, indicate if you require transportation or select a community bus stop from the list. Parents will be contacted before the start of the summer program with specific information regarding bus arrival and drop-off times.
Enrollment requests DO NOT GUARANTEE placement in courses. There is limited space within all programs. Parents will be notified via email of enrollment status (enrolled or waitlisted) within two weeks after the close of each registration period.
Enrollment request dates
Synergy will accept enrollment requests from February through June, beginning at 6 p.m. on the first of each month and remaining open for two weeks. For programs and courses that are not full, enrollment requests may continue to be made each month.
- The first enrollment request window will open February 1, 2023, and is limited to current HCPSS students only. Non-HCPSS students who wish to request enrollment should contact the appropriate summer program office to receive an alternate enrollment link.
- February enrollment requests for Innovative Pathways High School are limited to math and science course requests only. All courses will be open for enrollment on March 1, 2023.
Enrollment lottery process
Enrollment requests for BSAP and G/T programs are completed through a lottery process. Requests are NOT first-come, first-served. All students within the same household who requested enrollment in the same program within that window will be randomly selected for placement in that program.
For Innovative Pathways High School, enrollment priority will be given to students by their current grade level. Remaining students will be randomly selected and enrolled in their selected course (or alternate course) until that course has been filled.
Families will receive an email when a student is enrolled in a course or added to the applicable course wait list.
Please contact the individual program offices with additional questions.