HCPSS Seeks Members for Policy Advisory Committees; Apply by Aug. 19, 2022
August 8th, 2022
Application Deadline: Friday, August 19, 2022
The Howard County Public School System (HCPSS) invites county residents to take an active role in developing and revising school system policies as members of Policy Advisory Committees. The knowledge, experience and perspective shared by community stakeholders are used to improve the quality of HCPSS policy.
HCPSS is currently seeking candidates for membership on the following SY22-23 Policy Advisory Committees:
- Policy 1060 Bullying, Cyberbullying, Harassment, and Intimidation
- Policy 7070 Appointments to Administrative and Supervisory Certificated Positions*
- Policy 7080 Transfer of School-Based Adminstrators*
- Policy 8030 Graduation Requirements
- Policy 8040 Selection of Instructional Materials
- Policy 9030 School-Sponsored Publications and Productions
*Policies 7070 & 7080 will meet as one committee
The committees will include at least one member representing the general resident stakeholder group. Members of these committees attend 3-4 meetings to discuss and make policy recommendations to the Superintendent. Meetings will be held virtually and are tentatively scheduled as follows; times to be determined at first meeting:
- Policy 1060: 9/20 (4-6), 9/27, 10/18, 10/25
- Policy 7070/7080: 9/7 (4:30-6), 9/21, 9/28, 10/12, 10/19, 10/26, 11/9, 11/16
- Policy 8030: 10/11 (4-6), 11/1, 11/15, 11/29
- Policy 8040: 10/26 (5-7), 11/2, 11/9, 11/16, 11/30, 12/7
- Policy 9030: 9/7 (5-7), 9/14, 9/21, 10/12
Committee members are expected to participate in all committee meetings.
Residents interested in participating may submit a statement of interest online by Friday, August 19, 2022. A confirmation email with additional details will be sent to the individuals selected to participate.
Please contact HCPSS policy staff at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. All current HCPSS policies can be viewed online.