HCPSS Free Summer Meal Service, June 27-August 12, 2022
May 11th, 2022
Meals for August 12
The HCPSS summer meal program ends Friday, Aug. 12. In order to better serve students and children in Howard County, meals for an additional five days can be collected Friday, August 12, from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at all open site locations, except the Howard County Library System East Columbia Branch. No pre-ordering or registration is required.
Update: July 15, 2022
Español | 中文 | 한국어
Jump to: Program Overview | Meal Sites | Food and Nutrition Services
To continue meeting the growing need to feed hungry children and families in Howard County and fill the nutritional gap over the summer months, the Howard County Public School System announces its free summer meal program, which will run weekdays June 27-Aug. 12, 2022.
Meals will be provided at no cost to HCPSS students, and any children aged 18 and under at the sites listed below. There are no applications, enrollment or fees to participate in this program. Meals will be served only on days schools are open and there will be no meal service Monday, July 4 or Tuesday, July 19.
In addition to the summer meal service for the public, free meals will be provided to all students participating in HCPSS summer programs at 23 locations.
Please note several adjustments to the current pick-up guidelines, effective Monday, July 18:
- Parents/guardians are now permitted to collect meals to go for their children; children do not need to be present to receive summer meals.
- All meals may be eaten off site.
- Multiple meals may be collected on Mondays and Thursdays at HCPSS school locations only. Meals collected Mondays will include food for three days. Meals collected Thursdays will include food for two days.
Sites, Dates & Times
Meal sites and pickup times are subject to change based on participation. Any changes will be noted on this webpage.
Meals will be served Mondays through Fridays, June 27 through Aug. 12 from 12:30-2 p.m. at the following locations:
- Laurel Woods Elementary School, 9250 N Laurel Rd., Laurel
- Oakland Mills Middle School, 9540 Kilimanjaro Rd., Columbia
- Swansfield Elementary School, 5610 Cedar Lane, Columbia – NEWLY ADDED
- Thomas Viaduct Middle School, 7000 Banbury Dr., Hanover
- Howard High School, 8700 Old Annapolis Rd., Ellicott City
- Howard County Library System East Columbia Branch, 6600 Cradlerock Way, Columbia
Reminder! There will be no meal service when schools are closed Monday, July 4 for the Independence Day holiday and Tuesday, July 19 for the primary elections.
Food and Nutrition Services
Acceptance and participation requirements for the program and all activities are the same for all children regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. The summer Food Service program is funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), through the Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) and is an extension of the National School Lunch Program, which is designed to guarantee eligible children free and nutritious breakfasts and lunches during the school year. Meals served will be healthy and will follow USDA nutrition guidelines. USDA and MSDE are equal opportunity providers. Read USDA and MSDE non-discrimination statements online.
For detailed information about the HCPSS meal programs, visit the Food Services website or email firstname.lastname@example.org.