HCPSS Students Shine at FBLA National Competition
September 30th, 2020
HCPSS students in the Maryland Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) delegation brought home nine medals from the National Leadership Online Experience this summer. A team of the state’s most talented Career and Technical Education (CTE) high school students showcased their skills in 72 CTE competitive events. FBLA is a student organization that prepares students for careers in business and assists them to become better prepared for the world of work.
The following HCPSS students placed in the top 10 during the national competition:
- Second Place in Broadcast Journalism: Emily Lim, Julie Lawler and Keya Shah, Marriotts Ridge High School
- Second Place in Entrepreneurship: Ellen Li and Lynzee Louden, Mt. Hebron High School
- Second Place in Management Information Systems: Adi Gupta and Love Patel, River Hill High School
- Third Place in Banking & Financial Systems: Pranav Bolla, Nicholas Venginickal and Nick Snyder, Mt. Hebron High School
- Fourth Place in Sports & Entertainment Management: Tom Michaels, Vikas Reddy and Prakash Balasubramanian, Mt. Hebron High School
- Sixth Place in Personal Finance: Mary Samokhvalova, Applications and Research Laboratory
- Seventh Place in Introduction to Parliamentary Procedure: Vivian Yao, River Hill High School
- Seventh Place in Organizational Leadership: Nathan Goturi, River Hill High School
- Ninth Place in Global Business: Arianna Boja, Anoushka Sarin and Saniya Mahate, Mt. Hebron High School
Additional information can also be found on the Maryland Division of Career and College Readiness website or the FBLA Maryland website.