IEPs: The Basics and Beyond, November 9 & 10
October 5th, 2017
Thursday, November 9, 7-9 p.m. – Harper’s Choice Middle School Art Room, 5450 Beaverkill Rd., Columbia; OR
Friday, November 10, 10 a.m.-Noon – Ascend One Building, Patuxent Room, 8930 Stanford Blvd., Columbia *Please use entrance at back of the building, under the awning, for HCPSS Conference Center.
Open to all HCPSS parents, the HCPSS Family Support and Resources is hosting a free workshop on special education services.
Veterans or novices of the special education process are invited to this interactive conversation. Attendees will learn about and share ways for families to be active members of the IEP team and participate meaningfully in the IEP team process.
Staff will address common questions, including:
- What does a well-developed IEP look like?
- How does data support your child’s present levels of academic and functional performance?
- What are the areas of educational impact of my child’s disability?
- How is the IEP addressing the educational impact?
- Are the goals and objectives measurable?
- How will progress be measured and reported to me?
To register or for more information, please call 410-313-7161.
« Board of Education to Hold First Public Work Session on Attendance Area Adjustment, October 12
Glenwood Middle School Assistant Principal Wins State Award »