Free Student Meals for 2021-2022 School Year
August 12th, 2021
Breakfast and lunch will be provided at no cost to all students through the entire 2021-2022 school year, on days schools are open.
Meal Information for DEC Students
Families of students enrolled in the DEC who wish to take part in the meals program should indicate their interest via Google form that will be provided by DEC staff.
Meals for DEC students must be pre-ordered and will be available for pick up on Mondays and Thursdays only, at any HCPSS high school between 7 a.m. and 8 a.m.
- Monday pickups will include breakfast and lunch for three days
- Thursday pickups will include breakfast and lunch for two days
Please note the following:
- There will be no walk-ups available. Meals must be pre-ordered via the HCPSS Nutrislice website or Nutrislice mobile app. Users should select the Pre-Order Menu, then choose a High School meal site location and order your meals by day.
- Protective face masks are required for anyone picking up meals.
- Students do not need to be present; parents/guardians may pick up meals for their child(ren) or assign a designee (see below).
In order to offer convenience for families while complying with government requirements, the meal guidelines have been revised to allow a designee to pick up meals:
- Parents/guardians may pick up meals for their children and up to one other family without completing a meal pre-order form.
- A designee may pick up meals for up to three families. Parents/guardians may authorize a designee to pick up meals for their child(ren) by completing a meal pre-order form at least two days in advance.
- Go to https://hcpss.nutrislice.com, choose your location, Pre-Order Menu, and identify the designee, meal(s), pick-up time, and days. Pre-ordering also can be completed via the Nutrislice mobile app by selecting a location and then Browse Menus.
- Hard copies of pre-order forms are available at any school front office.
- Meal Request Forms must be submitted at least two school days in advance of meal pick up.
Meal sites and pick up times for DEC students are subject to change based on participation. Any changes will be noted on this webpage.
Meal Information for Students in Quarantine
Students in quarantine may continue to receive school meals at no cost by following the steps for students enrolled in the DEC.
Please note! Students in quarantine may not pick up meals themselves. Parents/guardians or a designee may receive meals on behalf of students.
Meals must be pre-ordered and will be available for pick up on Mondays and Thursdays only, at any HCPSS high school between 7 a.m. and 8 a.m.
Free and Reduced Meals (FARMS) Program
Many families are eligible to participate in the FARMs program, which helps families save money and opens access to many resources and discounts, including testing fees, tuition, internet and much more. FARMs enrollment and participation is confidential. Families must reapply each year. Find more information and apply online.
Food and Nutrition Services
HCPSS Food and Nutrition Services will comply with all food safety, employee safety and social distancing guidelines, including using disposable food service items, and cleaning and sanitizing tables/surfaces between each meal service, in accordance with recommended protocols. Food and Nutrition Services will also fully accommodate specific food service requirements, including food allergies and the privacy associated with students who receive free or reduced-price meals. Menu options will be streamlined to facilitate the delivery and serving of meals during different stages of the reopening plan.
Visit the Food Services website to find detailed information abou FARMs, nutrition, allergen concerns, meal preparation and quality, and more.