Speak Up HoCo! 2021 Meetings
February 10th, 2021
Speak Up HoCo! (formerly HoCo.Convo -Youth in Conversation) is open to all Howard County high school students who want to “talk about what matters to you.” Participants will:
- Discuss how racism and other sociopolitical issues impact your life and how to create diverse communities that thrive
- Practice dialogue and facilitation skills
- As a peer leader, help to create welcoming multicultural communities in our schools and county
- Build connections across cultural and racial boundaries, while making podcasts and earning service hours
- Take part in spring training sessions:
- Dialogue Skills that Reach Across Ideological Landscapes
- Resilience and Challenges of African Americans
- How Microaggressions become Macro
- How to Wake Up from Original Hypnosis and Bias
Virtual meetings are held via Zoom on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month from 5–6:15 p.m. To sign up and obtain the meeting calendar, email Rebecca Dietz at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 443-326-3816.
Speak Up HoCo! is a community program offered in collaboration by the HCPSS Department of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion; Howard County Office of Human Rights; Howard County Office of the Local Children’s Board; and the Mediation and Conflict Resolution Center of Howard County.