High School 2021-2022 Course Registration Extended to January 18, 2021
December 18th, 2020
Update: 01/14/21 – Course registration is extended through January 18, 2021
Course selection will open Monday, December 21, 2020, for the 2021-2022 academic year. Current 8-11 grade students and their parents/guardians may view their teachers’ course recommendations and submit their course placement requests through HCPSS Connect. Course requests and alternates should be submitted by Friday, January 15, 2021.
The following information will support students and parents/guardians in making course selections.
Overview of Course Selection Process:
- Beginning Monday, December 21, 2020, current 8-11 grade students and parents/guardians may view the teachers’ course recommendations on the Course Placement Review page, and submit course requests and alternate requests via HCPSS Connect no later than Friday, January 15, 2021.
- Each student will select 7 courses and 4 alternates. Please add alternate selections in priority order and without duplicates.
- HCPSS anticipates a 7-period school day during 2021-2022. However, in the event that a 4×4 schedule will be in effect, the first alternate selection will become the eighth course.
- If you do not see a course option available in the drop down menu, complete the fillable course placement request form and submit it to your school counselor.
- All course placement request submissions will go through a review process. The Course Placement Review request must be submitted electronically through HCPSS Connect or to your school counselor. Requests received by January 15, 2021, will be given priority; requests received after this date will be accommodated if space is available.
- January 15, 2021: Last day to enter course/alternate requests via HCPSS Connect for priority placement consideration. Requests received after this date will be accommodated if space is available.
- January 6–February 17, 2021:
- High school counselors will schedule virtual course registration appointments with all students. Students and their parents/guardians will be notified of the appointment date/time. It is critical that each student attend their appointment to ensure that course selections are complete and their progress towards graduation.
- Middle school counselors will schedule virtual course registration appointments as needed. It is critical that students/parents complete their course requests including alternate selections.
- Students and their parents/guardians will be able to access their list of registered courses by the end of the current school year. Final 2021-2022 student schedules will be available in August 2021.
- HCPSS Course Request and Course Placement User Guides
- 2021-2022 Catalog of Approved High School Courses
- Course options sheets (see tabs for full course options)
- Maryland graduation requirements
If students or parents/guardians have any questions at any time during the course registration process, please contact your student’s current school counselor.