Community Advisory Council 2020-2021 Meetings
November 4th, 2020
Second Wednesdays, 7 p.m., Virtual sessions
Community Advisory Council (CAC) general membership meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month at 7 p.m. Meetings are being held virtually during the pandemic. CAC meetings are open to the public. Interested participants may request the virtual meeting link by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The link will be sent the day of the meeting.
Meetings for the 2020-2021 school year include:
- November 11, 2020: Supporting the Mental Health Needs of HCPSS Students During COVID-19, presented by Dr. Cynthia Schulmeyer, Coordinator, School Psychology and Instructional Intervention, and Consuela Robinson, Instructional Facilitator for Social Work
- December 9, 2020: HCPSS Student Support Teams and Community Resources, featuring HCPSS staff and representatives from community organizations
- January 13, 2021: Budgets and HCPSS, with Daniel Lubeley, HCPSS Director of Capital Planning and Construction
- February 10, 2021
- March 17, 2021: Improving Student Performance with More Sleep, with Colonel Brian Robertson
- April 14, 2021: 2021-2022 CAC Executive Board elections; Presentation by HCPSS Director of Transportation on the current status of the district’s bus system
- May 12, 2021: Vote on proposed by-laws amendments; Review results of topic interest survey
CAC will be holding elections for the 2021-2022 CAC Executive Board at its April 14, 2021 meeting. A description of each position on the Executive Board can be found in the CAC by-laws. Nominations should identify the desired position and include a written statement that outlines the candidate’s relevant qualifications and reasons for wanting to serve. The statement will be sent to the CAC voting membership in advance of the election. All floor nominations must be received by 12 p.m. on Wednesday, April 14. Questions can be sent to email@example.com.
The CAC serves as a liaison between the Howard County Board of Education and the community at large, and meets monthly during the school year. Meeting minutes, meeting presentations and additional information are available online. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.