Guidelines for Meal Pickup by Designees During 2020-2021 Fall Semester
August 27th, 2020
Meals will be provided at no cost to any HCPSS student, and all children 18 and under, through December 31, 2020, subject to U.S. Department of Agriculture funding availability.
The HCPSS food services program during the 2020-20201 first semester (Sept. 8, 2020-Jan. 28, 2021) will consist of Grab-and-Go meals served Monday through Friday from 8–9 a.m. and 10:45 a.m.–12:45 p.m., beginning Tuesday, September 8. Breakfast and lunch can be picked up at either meal time.
Some families may find it difficult to pick up meals for their children at the locations or times when meals are served. In order to offer convenience for families while complying with government requirements, the guidelines for meal pickup have been revised to allow a designee to pick up meals:
- Parents/guardians may pick up meals for their children and up to one other family without completing a meal pre-order form. Find more information about fall meals and pickup.
- A designee may pick up meals for up to three families. Parents/guardians may authorize a designee to pick up meals for their child(ren) by completing a meal pre-order form at least two days in advance.
- Go to https://hcpss.nutrislice.com, choose your location, Pre-Order Menu, and identify the designee, meal(s), pick-up time, and days. Pre-ordering also can be completed via the Nutrislice mobile app by selecting a location and then Browse Menus.
- Paper pre-order forms will be available at all meal sites.
- Meal Request Forms must be submitted at least two school days in advance of meal pick up.
- An authorized designee may pick up meals for up to three families. Each family must complete a Meal Pre-Order Form, naming the designee.
- One designee may not collect meals for more than three families.
- Families in need of additional assistance obtaining meals should email their principal, who will coordinate with HCPSS Food and Nutrition Service.
- A complete list of HCPSS meal service locations and times is provided on the HCPSS Nutrislice website and mobile application.
- Fall semester 2020-21 meal pickup services may be modified or suspended at any time, based on federal/state guidelines.