Meal Pickup Guidelines During COVID-19 School Closures
May 14th, 2020
As of May 14, 2020, HCPSS has served more than 652,000 free meals to provide essential nutrition to children during the school closure. Grab-N-Go meal services will continue at our 14 distribution sites throughout the county for at least through the 2019-2020 school year.
Some families may find it difficult to pick up meals for their children at the locations or times when meals are served. In order to offer convenience for families while complying with government requirements, the guidelines for meal pickup have been revised to allow a designee to pick up meals:
- Parents/guardians may pick up meals for their children and up to one other family without completing a Meal Request Form.
- Designees may pick up meals for up to four families. Parents/guardians requesting a designee pick up meals for their child(ren) must complete a Meal Request Form:
- Paper forms may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, or turned in on site at Howard High School, Lake Elkhorn Middle School or Oakland Mills Middle School.
- Meal Request Forms must be submitted at least three calendar days in advance of meal pick up.
- An authorized designee may pick up meals for up to four families. Each family must complete a Meal Request Form, naming the designee.
- One designee may not collect meals for more than four families.
- Meal pickup may not be permitted for more than two consecutive days, except Fridays to collect weekend meals.
Families in need of additional assistance obtaining meals should email their principal, who will coordinate with HCPSS Food and Nutrition Service.
COVID-19 meal pickup services may be modified or suspended at any time, based on federal/state guidelines.