HCPSS 2020 Summer Programs to Be Held Online
May 21st, 2020
See the 2020 Summer Program Schedules and other Summer Program updates
In compliance with state and local guidelines, all HCPSS 2020 summer programs will be offered online. Virtual programs will have a modified schedule that will incorporate both live sessions and digital content that will be accessed online.
Updated Course Offerings
Updated course listings for the BSAP Summer Institute, G/T Summer Institutes for Talent Development and Innovative Pathways high school programs are available on the HCPSS Summer Programs webpage.
- Some course offerings are being canceled or modified. If your student has been enrolled in a course that has been canceled or modified, a Summer Program staff member will contact you to review alternate options.
- The daily/weekly schedule for each program will be adjusted to allow students to interact with teachers and classmates. Students will comply with behavioral expectations for Google Meet sessions when attending live teaching sessions.
- Innovative Pathways High School is the only program that will have open online registration from 6 p.m., Monday, June 1 through 6 p.m., Monday, June 15. BSAP and G/T Summer Institutes programs are full and will enroll waitlisted students if openings become available.
- If you wish to withdraw a student who has been enrolled or would like to cancel a request for a student who has been waitlisted, please follow the directions on how to submit a withdrawal request via HCPSS Connect online.
- Withdrawal requests for BSAP and G/T Summer Institutes will be accepted through May 29, 2020. Withdrawal requests for Innovative Pathways High School will be accepted through the end of the first week of the program, July 2, 2020.
- Withdrawal requests for Academic Intervention may be directed to the student’s school administrator.
- Tuition for the BSAP and G/T Summer Institutes will be reduced. If you already have paid in full and wish to continue with the program, you will receive a refund for the difference.
- Payments may continue to be made online through MySchoolBucks or by mail with a check or money order.
- To request a refund, please follow the instructions under “Request Withdrawal from Summer Programs.” HCPSS will begin processing refund requests Monday, June 1. Refunds for payments made by check may take 4-6 weeks to process. Refunds for credit card payments will be issued back to the credit card used for payment. Credit card fees will not be refunded.
Student Technology Needs
- If your student is enrolled in a summer program and will need a device to participate, you may submit a student technology request via HCPSS Connect online.
FAQs on HCPSS Summer Programs can be found on the HCPSS Help site. If you have any specific questions or concerns, please email the contact for the summer program in which your student is enrolled. Questions regarding Academic Intervention may be directed to the student’s school administrator. Questions for ESY Special Education may be directed to the student’s special education case manager.