HCPSS To Continue Free Meal Service During 2019-2020 School Closures, Through June 30, 2020
April 20th, 2020
Also see May 29, 2020: Food Distribution Update
UPDATED June 15, 2020
The Howard County Public School System will continue to provide free Grab-N-Go meals to anyone age 18 and under and/or any HCPSS student, regardless of age, throughout state-mandated school closures, extended through June 30, 2020.
Participants will be given a Grab-N-Go snack, lunch and dinner for that day, as well as a Grab-N-Go breakfast for the following day. Friday distributions at school-based locations only also will include meals to sustain children through the weekend. Participants are encouraged to bring a bag to carry home meals each day.
Children do not need to be present; parents/guardian may pick up meals for their child(ren). There is no application, enrollment, or fees to participate in this program.
Some families may find it difficult to pick up meals for their children at the locations or times when meals are served. In order to offer convenience for families while complying with government requirements, the guidelines for meal pickup have been revised.
HCPSS Free Meal Service
- Ongoing, Weekdays
- 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- School-Based Locations:
- Bushy Park Elementary School, 14601 Carrs Mill Road, Glenwood
- Cradlerock Elementary School/Lake Elkhorn Middle School, 6680 Cradlerock Way, Columbia
- Deep Run Elementary School, 6925 Old Waterloo Road, Elkridge
- Ducketts Lane Elementary School, 6501 Ducketts Lane, Elkridge
- Hollifield Station Elementary School, 8701 Stonehouse Drive, Ellicott City
- Howard High School, 8700 Old Annapolis Road, Ellicott City
- Laurel Woods Elementary School, 9250 North Laurel Road, Laurel
- Oakland Mills Middle School, 9540 Kilimanjaro Road, Columbia
- Swansfield Elementary School, 5610 Cedar Lane, Columbia
- Talbott Springs Elementary School, 9550 Basket Ring Road, Columbia
- Wilde Lake Middle School, 10481 Cross Fox Lane, Columbia
- Community Locations: (Weekend meals not provided at community locations)
- Forest Ridge Apartments, 5890 Stevens Forest Rd, Columbia
- Monarch Mills Apartments, 7600 Monarch Mills Way, Columbia
- Bethel Christian Academy, Campus 1, 8455 Savage Guilford Rd., Savage
A list of additional food distribution locations, not sponsored by HCPSS, is available online. Additionally, the Community Action Council of Howard County sponsors a Food Bank and supports 14 food pantries that support families in need of emergency food assistance. More information about food assistance and a list of the food pantries remaining open during the COVID-19 crisis is available on the Community Action Council’s website.