Begin 2020-2021 Kindergarten Registration Online Now; Complete In Schools March 9-13, 2020
February 27th, 2020
Parents/guardians of children who will be five as of September 1, 2020, must enroll their children in kindergarten for the 2020-2021 school year. Parents may begin the enrollment process online now, followed by completion of the registration process at your child’s school. Online registration is not required and parents may elect to complete the full registration in person. Parents may visit your child’s school to complete or initiate enrollment during normal school hours March 9-13, or by appointment following the open registration week.
Complete information on enrollment in Howard County public schools can be found on our Enrollment page.
Online Kindergarten Registration
Parents/guardians enrolling students in kindergarten for the 2020-2021 school year should follow these steps:
- Review details regarding the enrollment process
- Use our online school locator to determine what school your child will attend
- Gather required documentation
- Begin the registration process online
- Parents with children already in schools will use their HCPSS Connect login. Directions on resetting passwords or a request for assistance can be found online.
- Parents new to the system will need to create an account. Directions on creating an account and using the online registration can be found on our site.
- Parents or legal guardians must visit their child’s school and provide proof of parental relationship and any other documents not provided during the online registration process. You must contact your child’s school for an appointment to complete registration.
Please view these Frequently Asked Questions for additional enrollment information. Further details about getting ready for kindergarten can be found online.