Road to Kindergarten Workshops, January 22, 23 & 30, 2020
January 3rd, 2020
Do you have a child who will be 5 years old by September 1, 2020?
Please join us for an information session about kindergarten in the Howard County Public School System.
At this workshop you will learn:
- Expectations for school readiness (and receive a Ready for Kindergarten toolkit)
- Details about the kindergarten program
- Information about HCPSS kindergarten registration
- Ways that families and children can be supported during the transition to kindergarten
Sessions are designed for adults only. Child care is available for children ages 2 and older. Doors will open at 6 p.m. to allow time for parking, child care drop off and check-in. Sessions begin promptly at 6:30. We anticipate large crowds so please allow yourself ample time.
Choose a session that is convenient for you. No registration required. See below for sessions where a Spanish language interpreter will be present. For any other interpreter needs, please call 410-313-7102 as soon as possible.
All sessions will be held from 6:30-7:30 p.m. If Howard County public schools are closed for inclement weather, that day’s session is canceled.
- Wednesday, January 22, Hammond High School, 8800 Guilford Road, Columbia (Spanish interpreter present)
- Thursday, January 23, Oakland Mills High School, 9410 Kilimanjaro Road, Columbia (Spanish interpreter present)
- Thursday, January 30, Centennial High School, 4300 Centennial Lane, Ellicott City
An inclement weather date has been reserved for Wednesday, February 19, 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Hammond High School.
Please contact the Office of Early Childhood Programs, 410-313-5693, with any additional questions, or visit our Getting Ready for Kindergarten page.