Project SEARCH Information Night, October 22, 2019
October 2nd, 2019
Tuesday, October 22, 6:30 – 8 p.m., Old Cedar Lane School, 5451 Beaverkill Road, Columbia
Families of youth with disabilities are invited to learn about Project SEARCH, a unique transition-to-work internship program, at an information session.
Benefits for students participating in Project SEARCH include:
- Non-paid internships within Howard County Government
- Competitive, transferable and marketable job skills
- Increased independence, confidence and self-esteem
- Work-based individualized coaching, instruction and feedback from the instructor, job coach and government mentors
- Connections to The Arc of Howard County, Division of Rehabilitation Services (DORS), Howard County Autism Society, and Howard County Public School System staff.
Registration is not required. For more information, contact Missie Baxter at email@example.com.