Empowering Parents as Partners, October 12, 2019
September 10th, 2019
Saturday, October 12, 8:45 a.m.-1:05 p.m. – Howard High School, 8700 Old Annapolis Road, Ellicott City
HCPSS’ Department of Special Education invites seasoned and parents/guardians new to the IEP process to learn how to advocate for their child and be active, informed members of the IEP team.
The conference will include:
- Keynote speaker Ananta Hejeebu
- Sessions on each section of the Individualized Education Program (IEP), including how parents can provide input and questions to ask at a meeting
- Special sessions to support families of children birth-3 and ages 3-5
- Information on HCPSS Special Education Services, including post-secondary options, continuum of services, dyslexia, technology, the Howard County Special Education Citizens Advisory Committee (SECAC) and more
Parents interested in attending should register online. Childcare is available only to those who register and select the childcare option.
To request an interpreter, contact Trish Gunshore at 410-313-8873.
- Spanish – Para solicitar un intérprete, por favor, llamar al 410-428-5088
- Korean – 통역자를 요청하시려면 410-313-1592, 한국 콜센터로 연락주십시오
- Chinese – 如果您需要中文翻译，请拨打中文热线 410-313-5920 与我们联系