Begin 2019-2020 Kindergarten Registration Enrollment Online; To Be Completed in Schools
March 1st, 2019
Parents/guardians of children who will be five as of September 1, 2019 must enroll their children in kindergarten for the 2019-2020 school year. Parents may begin the enrollment process online, followed by completion of the registration process at your child’s school. Online registration is not required and parents may elect to complete the full registration in person.
Complete information on enrollment in Howard County public schools can be found on our Enrollment page.
Online Kindergarten Registration
Parents/guardians enrolling students in kindergarten for the 2019-2020 school year should follow these steps:
- Review details regarding the enrollment process
- Use our online school locator to determine what school your child will attend
- Gather required documentation
- Begin the registration process online
- Parents with children already in schools will use their HCPSS Connect login. Directions on resetting passwords or a request for assistance can be found online.
- Parents new to the system will need to create an account. Directions on creating an account and using the online registration can be found on our site.
- Parents or legal guardians must visit their child’s school and provide proof of parental relationship and any other documents not provided during the online registration process. You must contact your child’s school for an appointment to complete registration.
Additional information about getting ready for kindergarten can be found online.