Family Resource and Transition Fair – October 27, 2018
September 20th, 2018
For families of students receiving special education, early intervention and transition services
Families of all children receiving special education and early intervention services are invited to get connected to services, resources and tools available in the community and school system at the second annual HCPSS Family Resource and Transition Fair on Saturday, October 27, from 10 a.m.–2 p.m., at the Cedar Lane School in Fulton.
All community members are welcome to attend the free event, sponsored by HCPSS Special Education and Early Intervention Services, and featuring dozens of local vendors and service providers.
Participants can enjoy games and other fun activities, explore community and school system services, resources and tools available to families, and find information about speech, hearing, vision, developmental, and social disabilities; mental health; and transition beyond high school.
Service areas represented include wellness and health-related activities; physical therapy and adapted PE programs; activities for kids with special needs; and information about speech, hearing, vision, and developmental and social disabilities.
The event will also include transition services available in or beyond school for students preparing to move into employment or higher education after high school. Breakout sessions will feature representatives from the Maryland Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA), Division of Rehabilitation Services (DORS) and HCPSS transition teachers.
The following vendors and service providers will be represented at the event. The list will be periodically updated.
- Abilities Network
- Accessible Resources for Independence
- Alice’s Dream Foundation
- Arc Howard County
- AT Discount Sales & Services LLC
Bridges Preschool for Kindergarten Readiness
- Brighter Hope Wellness Center
- By Their Side
- Camp Inclusion
- Chesapeake Down Syndrome Parent Group
- Children’s Therapy Center
- College Living Experience
- Community Options Inc.
- Compass Inc.
- The Council of Elders of The Black Community of Howard County (TCOE)
- Division of Rehabilitation Services – Maryland State Department of Education
- Equipment Connections for Children
- Every Life Works
HCPSS Family Support & Resource Center; Instructional Access Team; Office of Psychological Services; Vision Program
- Howard Community College
- Howard County Autism Society
- Howard County Department of Community Resources and Services
- Howard County Library System
- Howard County Office of Children and Families
- Howard County Parents of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Kids
- Julie Sutker MS, CCC-SLP
- Law Office of Brian K. Gruber
- The League for People with Disabilities (Camp Greentop)
- Maryland ABLE
- Maryland Association of Nonpublic Special Education Facilities
- Maryland Coalition of Families
- Maryland Department of Disabilities
- MMARS Inc.
- Optimal Health Care Inc.
- Pathfinders for Autism
- Penn-Mar Human Services
- PHILLIPS Programs
- Platinum Force All Stars
- Project Access, Howard Community College
- Project SEARCH
- RSI – Rehabilitation Services, Inc.
- Service Coordination, Inc.
- Snowflakes ABA, LLC
- Special Education Citizens Advisory Committee (SECAC)
- Special Olympics Howard County
- Special Olympics Maryland
- Summer Sensations Camp
- Total Care Services, Inc.
- Towson University’s Hussman Center for Adults with Autism
- Unbridled Rehabilitation Services
- Verbal Beginnings
- Washington Ice Dogs special hockey program
« Coastal Conservation Association Maryland Partnership Engages Students in Environmental Stewardship
The Jeff George Agency Partnership Provides Innovative Technology for Students »