HCPSS To Help Fill The Nutrition Gap With Summer Food Service Program, June 25-August 17, 2018
May 29th, 2018
Summer Meal Program
The Howard County Public School System (HCPSS) is pleased to announce the locations of its Summer Food Service Program to meet the growing need to feed hungry children and families and fill the nutritional gap over the summer months in Howard County. Running from Monday, June 25 through Friday, August 17, HCPSS and the Howard County Library System will provide free meals Monday through Friday at six locations:
- Laurel Woods Elementary School, 12:30–2 p.m.
- Talbott Springs Elementary School, 12:30–2 p.m.
- Harper’s Choice Middle School, 12–1:30 p.m.
- Oakland Mills Middle School, 12–1:30 p.m.
- Howard County Library System – East Columbia Branch, 12–1:30 p.m.
- Howard County Library System – Central Branch, 12:30-1:30 p.m. (Open to all students and provided by the Howard County Library System)
PLEASE NOTE: Meals will not be served on days HCPSS schools and/or HCLS branches are closed: Tuesday, June 26 and Wednesday, July 4.
Meals will be provided to children 18 and under without charge. Acceptance and participation requirements for the program and all activities are the same for all children regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. Parents or guardians do not need to apply to get free summer meals for their children. They can simply bring their child to one of the summer meal sites.
All meals will be served on a first-come, first-served basis and all meals must be eaten on site. No portion of the meal may be taken out of the meal serving area(s) and adults may not eat any portion of a child’s meal. Small children must have adult supervision.
The Summer Food Service Program is funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, through the Maryland State Department of Education and is an extension of the National School Lunch Program, which is designed to guarantee eligible children free and nutritious breakfasts and lunches during the school year. Meals served will be healthy and will follow USDA nutrition guidelines.
For more information, contact the HCPSS Food and Nutrition Services at 410-313-6736.
HCPSS is an equal opportunity provider.
Weekend Warrior Snackpack
The Howard County Government will provide weekend snack packs for the community throughout the summer. Weekend Warrior Snackpacks offers all youth ages 18 and younger a free bag of snacks in order to provide nutrition over the summer weekends.
Snack Packs will be distributed Fridays, June 22-August 31 at:
- Laurel Woods Elementary School, 1–2 p.m.
- Harper’s Choice Middle School, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Oakland Mills Middle School, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Howard County Library System–East Columbia Branch, 1–2 p.m.
« HCPSS Status Update For May 29, 2018
HCPSS Announces New Plan for Enhancing Student Mental Health Supports »